Are You Proud to be a Freelancer?

Jay | Saturday, October 05, 2013 at 2:11:00 AM | 1 Comment so far |
Tags: | | | | |
Filed Under:
I am checking my e-mails when I received an update from one of my online account, the Elance. Of course, I checked what the mail was all about. They just delivered news to their subscribers regarding the Elance's new features that every freelancer would find very interesting.

One of the features that catches my attention was their blog where its latest post was presented in infographics. Infographics really encourages me to read. And I'm amazed how the significant and the important information are presented visually and coherently. Thus, it challenges me to try such thing. Well, I tried but too far from perfect... I really need to study to pull it off.

Anyway, I read the article and the presented infographics. It simply says that every single freelancer must be proud of what they do.

Well, based on my experience I do. Since the very first day that I tried to do such freelance thing, I never expected many good things I can get. At first, it was hard and I had lots of doubts and no idea what to do. But because information are available online at least I have a little bit of idea on what to expect.

There are lots of available jobs that fits my skills and capabilities, but the competition between every freelancer is too high. I can't even imagine the ratio of a single project to freelancers qualified. But I do believe there a right one for me and clients have different requirements in finding the right freelancer that will do their projects.

When I won my first project, I can't believe that it is really happening as I'm excited to work. But I need not to forget that such excitement may overlooked the deep meaning of being a freelancer. Aside from the deadlines, the quality of the output, and the satisfaction of my client are the few important things I need to consider.

Why? Because my goal is to build a foundation and credentials so that I can be counted as one of the good, if not the best, freelancers out there. So that I could compete with the best and experienced freelancers.

Money, being the most priority of why I do this, becomes only a huge bonus when I made my client satisfied or made them delighted in every services I've offered. And when they appreciate what you do, they never think twice of giving me incentive, most importantly a follow-up projects. But of course, the biggest paycheck that I get is the new skills and knowledge acquired in every projects I do.

Being a freelancer has a lot of benefits, it's up to you on how you take advantage of them. Currently, my client comes back when they need my services. Not only I made them satisfied with my services but also because I already build up my working relationship with them.

I'm happy that I've decided to be a freelancer even though it is just a part-time. Whatever skills I've learned can be applied to my full-time job. Talking about the income, believe me I'm so delighted about the payment I received. And I'm so lucky that my clients have been so considerate and generous to me and I can't thank them enough that they believe in me. Such deeds really boost my confidence and self-esteem. So if you think you have skills or you believe in your skills, why not give yourself a try.

Now I can say, I'm proud to be a freelancer.

I'm sharing you the infographic posted on Elance blog. Thank you Elance for letting me share this to others.

I Am The Freelance Economy

How about you? Are you proud to be a FREELANCER?

Share this:
Rate this post:
{[['']]}
Like it?

1 comment:

Your comments are highly appreciated. Feel free to share your thoughts.

  1. I appreciate you and I would like to read your next post.
    Thanks for sharing this useful information.
    We know your time is very important.
    So, We will help you for finding many important website link that you need for every work.
    Just Bookmarks one website and get more website link .
    all important website link
    all important website links
    Free Bookmarking website
    SEO Tools

    ReplyDelete

JOBS-AT-FREELANCER.com


Philippines Blog Directory Blogs lists and reviews The Number Cracker Blog TopOfBlogs Personal Blog Directory Blogarama - The Blog Directory Personal Blogs Personal Blog Personal Blogs Online Marketing Globe of Blogs Personal blog at BlogFlare Blogging Fusion Blog Directory My Zimbio Top Personal-Journals Sites