Me and Myself: Am I Happy?

Anonymous | Wednesday, February 07, 2007 at 10:27:00 AM | Be the first to comment! |
Tags: | | |
Filed Under:
NOTE: This was my very first and only article posted at Friendster blog feature in February 2007. I've exported it also to my WordPress blog, but due to rarely updates, I've finally decided to import it here.

In life, there comes a time that I am going to make hard decisions. Decisions that may change the ways of my life. Decisions that once made, I have nothing to do with it but to stand on it.

Yeah, I may change my mind cause I am considering too many things; a series of thoughts that comes along the way, I might end up and say "What am I gonna do?"

Then, I will realize it almost made me insane, I might broke down, and the worst is I gave up.


However, if I think what I'm doing is right, then, I had nothing to worry. Expect too many unexpected consequences and have the will to take a risk. I might suck. But it only shows the real me, what do I want to do, and where do I want to be.

The choice is mine, really mine. No one will do it for me and I won’t let anybody do it for me.

Wait a minute?

Have I ever tried to talk to myself? Or listen to my heart? Or read my mind? I should! Because that is ME! Me and only me and not the people around me — they are just instruments that help me realize things better.

Sometimes, I tend to forget myself.

Hmmm, sometimes?

I stand corrected! I always forgot myself.

But why? Is there something that’s too important than me, than people who cared for me? What about?

Work.

Work?!

Work that pressures me just to meet my deadlines and almost broke my back as if there’s no more tomorrow as I always run out of time?!

Damn!!!

Look. I cannot overtake time. Even if there’s only 24 hours in my everyday life, I should realize that it runs faster than I am. Bear in mind that I only allocated eight hours for me to work, and the rest is for myself. But still it eats the remaining time until there’s no time left for myself; the worst is what to be done for tomorrow, I do it today.

Arrrhhhh! Am I crazy?! I'm not a hero anyway!

I should realize that I only earn this much. But what I do is I work that much. Remember even if I'm highly paid, it won’t pay me once something happens to me.

Hahhh!

I’m sorry. But what I’m trying to say is that time pass by only once. Make most out of it. There’s nothing wrong if I allot more time for other things as long as there’s still time left for myself.

I don’t need to prove the world that I'm the best. Let the world prove how best I am. I think that really make sense.

GOD gave me enough what I need. Life. Love. Peace. Family. Good health. Good work. What more can I ask for? What I only have to do is be contented.

Be thankful at all times. Satisfaction depends on me; enough to make me happy.

Many people say happiness is hard to find. I think they’re wrong.

Look around. I open my eyes. How lucky I am because I can see a lot of reasons why I should be happy. I must say, happiness depends on me.

Now, I ask myself.

Am I happy?

Share this:
Rate this post:
{[['']]}
Like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are highly appreciated. Feel free to share your thoughts.

JOBS-AT-FREELANCER.com


Philippines Blog Directory Blogs lists and reviews The Number Cracker Blog TopOfBlogs Personal Blog Directory Blogarama - The Blog Directory Personal Blogs Personal Blog Personal Blogs Online Marketing Globe of Blogs Personal blog at BlogFlare Blogging Fusion Blog Directory My Zimbio Top Personal-Journals Sites